In today's world, many churches are known for what they are against; we want to be known because of what we are for-we are #foraurora.
#FORAURORA SERVICE WEEK
June 6-12, 2022
Check out our blog which includes videos and articles to help you during this time.
If you have a need or can help with a need, email
For more info, email
Did you know that 1 in 5 kids in America struggles with HUNGER?
It is especially difficult over the weekend when children aren’t provided with breakfast and lunch at school. You or your community group can help fill the gap by providing food for the children in our community by filling a backpack.
- The school identifies students/families who are in need and they refer them to us. A sponsor family or small group is matched with a student and all other children in the family.
- Each week the sponsor family or group is responsible to deliver the food from the suggested list to the church no later than Wednesday afternoon by 4pm.
- A volunteer team will make sure the food is put into the appropriate backpacks Thursday morning. They then will deliver them to the participating schools no later than 1:00.
- A volunteer team will pick up the empty backpacks on the following Tuesday and return them to the church.
What to Buy-
NO GLASS JARS- NO FROZEN MICROWAVE MEALS or REFRIGERATOR ITEMS
- Breakfast ideas, 2 of the following:
- Box of cereal, Instant Oatmeal, Granola, cereal or fruit Bars, Pop-tarts, fresh apples, oranges, grapes.
- Lunch ideas, 2 of the following:
- Mac and cheese, Ramen noodles, Canned soups or pasta, Chicken or tuna pouches or cans, Peanut butter and Jelly with bread
- Dinner ideas, 2 of the following:
- Canned meals (such as Chef Boyardee), Canned Chili, Soups – Vegetable, Chicken Noodle, Beef Stew, Chicken & Dumplings, Boxed dinners, Rice a Roni, Canned spaghetti sauce and pasta
- Dessert Ideas, 2 of the following
- Fruit Cups, Pudding Cups, Jell-O Cups, Applesauce
- Snack ideas, 2 of the following:
- Snack crackers (such as cheese and peanut butter), 1 sleeve of crackers, Individual small cookies or treats, Goldfish Crackers, Pretzel Packets, Popcorn, Chips, Fruit Snacks, Juice boxes
For more info, email
Our Marketplace Ministry is the first and third Thursday of every month from 4-6pm. This is a drive-through grocery store approach where we will load up your car with groceries and items that best suit your needs, for the size of your family. If you have a need or know of someone who has a need, just show up! No need to make a reservation.
Here are the items that are most helpful when people are dealing with food insecurity. If you can find these in the store, or if you have more than you need at home. You can bring them to Eastern Hills on Monday-Thursday 8:00-4:00pm. Drop them in the grocery carts out front. We’ll make sure they get to the people that need them through our Marketplace ministry and to people in our community.
- Canned soups
- Instant Potatoes
- Boxed Cereals
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Veggies
- Canned Fruit
- Canned Tomatoes
- Dried Pasta
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Paper Products
- Mac & Cheese
- Chef Boyardee products
- Canned Chicken and Tuna
- During this pandemic, Arapahoe County Residents, Dial 303-636-1131 for Emergency Relief services, rent, mortgage, utilities, etc. up to 2 months. Denver County Residents, Dial 311, option 6.
ONGOING SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES
#foraurora doesn't just happen on service weeks or in our building. You can take a step and serve at any of our #foraurora partners. You, your family and/or your community group can serve with any of these organizations listed below. Set up a time that works for you!
Marketplace • Contact:
Timing: Monthly 1st & 3rd Thursday, Opportunities all day • Location: Eastern Hills
Our Marketplace Ministry is the first and third Thursday of every month from 4-6pm. This is a drive through grocery store approach where we will load up your car with groceries and items that best suit your needs, for the size of your family
Little Flowers Assistance Center • Contact: Sharon Kolakowski •
Timing: varies• Location:11149 E 14th Ave, Aurora, CO 80010
Little Flower is a community resource center located on the Colfax corridor, they assist people with food and clothing needs. Teach personal finance, job skills, or help in their food pantry sorting food and filling bags for distribution.
SECOR • Contact: Jessica •
Timing: varies• Location:16965 Pine Lane, Suite 100, Parker, CO 80134
SECOR loves kids, families, those in need of food and financial assistance. You can work in their warehouse sorting, or be a part of their many different outreach opportunities. Contact them to see what you might be most interested in.
Habitat for Humanity • Contact: Charlotte Thompson •
Timing: varied• Location: varied
Habitat has ongoing opportunities for all stages of construction and finishing of homes for people. They also have a warehouse where they pre-fab walls and trusses for new home builds.
Timing: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner• Location: Denver
Many different opportunities exist through the rescue mission. The easiest way to plug in is by serving a meal, you can do that by clicking on the link to schedule a time to serve.
Sox Place • Contact: Karen Robinson •
Timing: Tuesday-Saturday 11:00am-4:00pm • Location: Downtown Denver 20th and Lawrence
Sox Place is a homeless teen drop in center. They need groups to bring lunch each day, groups could make a bunch of frozen lunches to donate. Cleaning, organizing, maintenance, and repairs are always welcome.
Delores Project • Contact: Lilly Redford - •
Timing: Monthly 2nd Sunday 4:30-8:30pm • Location: Ehills/Downtown
Prepare a meal or part of a meal, drop it off at Eastern Hills, or be a part of the group that goes down and serves the meal to the women at Delores.
Mean Streets • Contact: Diane Chapman •
Timing: Weekly Monday 6:00-8:00pm • Location: Various Hotels on Colfax. Meet at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
Mean streets knocks on hotel doors, offering prayer, some food, and just someone to talk to.
Food Pickups/Deliveries • Contact our Missions Ministry •
Timing: Various • Location: Various
Restaurants always have leftover food, we pick it up and deliver it to partner ministries that can use it to bless people. You can help us by picking up or delivering at a scheduled time.
Pinewood Lodge • Contact: Pinewood Lodge • 303-343-1448 Ehills • Food Bank: Amy Lambert •
Timing: Monthly, Last Wednesday of the month • Location: Alameda and Havana
Eastern Hills provides a food bank on the last Wednesday of every month, or you can call Pinewood direct to provide activities for the residents. Past groups have played bingo, lead singing, etc.
Project C.U.R.E. • Contact:
Timing: Various • Location: Near Centennial Airport
Work in the warehouse sorting, inspecting, and packing medical and hygiene supplies to be shipped all over the world.
For more information, contact our Reach Out Pastor at