Week 2 (Dec 3-Dec 9)
Read Matthew 1:18-25.
- Mary and Joseph were engaged to be married, but they got a surprise. Imagine how that must have felt for both Mary and Joseph. What kinds of difficult conversations do you think they had?
- Everyone has expectations for how they think life will go. Mary’s pregnancy certainly wasn’t what they were expecting. How did Mary and Joseph react when God changed their plan?
- What are some expectations you have (or that others have for you) for your life? Are you open to God changing your plan? Why or why not? Remember, God’s plans always flow out of His love for us.
- Around the dinner table, each talk about a time when your plans were changed and how you reacted. Was it a good reaction or a “needs work” reaction?
- Pick a family night where your plan is to watch a Christmas movie together.
- Write a letter to Jesus and thank Him that He was given as our perfect plan for our lives.
Each week leading up to Christmas, pick up an Advent worship guide in the lobby (the previous week's worship guide also available in the lobby). Hang it up as a reminder this season that Love Saved. Included on the back is a devotional and a family element for you to use. Share your journey with us through social media using #lovesaved.