Week 4 (Dec 17-Dec 23)
Read Luke 2:1-7.
- What made Mary and Joseph travel to Bethlehem? How do you think they would have reacted when they found out they had to make this long trip near the end of Mary’s pregnancy?
- Caesar Augustus issued a decree that caused millions of people to register. Where is his kingdom now? Is he still influencing the world today? How about Jesus, who came because of God’s love for us? Who was ultimately more powerful? How should that shape the way we think about politics today?
- Are there areas in your life where you have overlooked or undervalued the influence of love? How could you think about those areas differently?
- Take a family trip in your jammies and look at all the Christmas lights that celebrate the season. How is your car trip different than the way Mary and Joseph traveled?
- Do you know anyone who is shut in and can’t travel? Write their name on a card and pray for them at dinner each day.
- As a family, make Christmas cookies and deliver them to the shut in you have been praying for. For extra fun, sing some Christmas Carols to brighten their day.
Each week leading up to Christmas, pick up an Advent worship guide in the lobby (the previous week's worship guide also available in the lobby). Hang it up as a reminder this season that Love Saved. Included on the back is a devotional and a family element for you to use. Share your journey with us through social media using #lovesaved.