Who We Are
No matter where you've been, what you've done or who you are...we're so glad you're here and we want Eastern Hills to be a place that you can call home.
Inviting everyone to experience that JESUS MAKES LIFE BETTER.
We value …
real over religious
Because we would rather be always real than always religious.
Acts 15:19 • It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God.
we over me
Because everything in life works better when it’s not about me.
- Colossians 3:12-14 • Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
steps over statements
Because what we do with what we believe is what really matters.
- James 1:22-25 • But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.
giving over getting
Because the value of a life is found in how much of it is given away.
- Romans 12:1-2 • Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
people over preferences
Because reaching people is eternally more important than my personal opinion.
- Matthew 28:19-20 • Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
creative over comfortable
Because we’ll never be satisfied with safe or content with mediocre.
- Philippians 3:12-14 • Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my
own,because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
How we do ministry...
Reach Out • Because the Gospel is for Everyone
Grow Deep • Because the Gospel Changes Everything
Partner with Families •